Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Do you Believe in Angels?




I felt like sharing this with you given the theme of the series I'm currently doing. The prayer you see in the video was written by a Catholic Pope when he received a vision of hell. You can read  a little more here, where there is also a shorter version of the prayer.

This is my four year old's favourite thing to look at. She loves the idea of a powerful warrior angel to "fight the bad monsters", as she calls it.  We keep a small statue of St Michael as a reminder that he is there for us to call upon in our time of need.

Here you can read the story of a soldier in Korea who had a miraculous encounter.

This is the prayer that that soldier said every morning, taught to him by his mother:

Michael, Michael of the morning,
Fresh chord of Heaven adorning,
Keep me safe today,
And in time of temptation
Drive the devil away.
Amen.



Do you believe in angels and their power to protect us?  Read what the bible has to say about angels here


In the bible there are several stories of angels. One of note is in 2 Kings 6:16-17 where Elisha prays for his servant's eyes to be opened and he saw the invisible Army of God's angels, vastly outnumbering the enemy.


Let me tell you my own experience of when an angel touched my life:


It was back in 2005, I was rushing to get my daughter to gymnastics practice and upon approaching a merging lane I glanced down in my wing mirror to make sure nothing was coming. It was a couple of seconds no more, but enough for someone to pull in front of me. When I looked up there was this car and I ran straight into the back of it. My car was a mess.. its bonnet was crumpled up, the lights were shattered and the force of the impact and knocked my knee against the dash and caused my daughter's to get a small gash as she also had her knees slam into the dashboard.


The lady driving the other car continued to roll forward slowly and eventually stopped. Later she would tell me that she wasn't sure if I had hit her because she only felt a light bump. Her car  wasn't even dented in badly, considering the state of mine.


I sit here with goosebumps relating this story.. nobody will ever convince me that my guardian angel. or perhaps those of my children and mine stood between the two cars and prevented the accident from being worse.


God has given us angels from the day we are brought into this world. Their mission is to guard and protect, to guide us away from evil. There are so many stories out there... perhaps you'd like to read some yourself.


I highly recommend that you read Joan Wester Anderson's books on angels. My husband bought one for me one year and , because I loved it so much, he bought me another. I also subscribe to her newsletters where she keeps us up to date with new stories of angels who came to the aid of people.


I thank and praise God everyday for the angels that protect my family. There have been numerous incidents.. several  involving my car. Just yesterday my mechanic finished working on my 15 year old car once again and said to me "I don't know how the engine is even working.. its had so many bad overheats. I know of cars that only overheated once and the engine was damaged." I smiled and replied..." I have an angel sitting on my shoulder... God's Grace.. that's all I can say... God's Grace"


Thank you Almighty God for the angels that you surround us with and over whom you give us the authority to call upon for help.


Footnote: My friends, even though I'm sharing a little more of my Catholic faith here, please do not be offended and think that I am trying to force feed you my faith. Even though this belief in St Michael and the prayer written may appear to be for Catholics only, I firmly believe that God has led me to share with you how we can call upon His angels for protection. This is my main purpose for sharing this.


Love & Blessings to all of you... may you be empowered by Almighty God to shine brightly for Jesus

No comments: