Popular Posts

Friday, September 9, 2011

Seven Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 142)


Hello my friends!

Its been quite a while. I've been on a sabbatical, so to speak... not one I chose for myself, but I believe that God had it so for a purpose. I have so much reading to catch up on.. if I haven't gotten to reading your own blog yet.. its not because I don't want to. There's a lot going on in blogland and so much has happened since I last wrote. I chose to do the 7 Quick Take Fridays which Jennifer at Conversion Diary hosts to update you. Many thanks Jennifer.. its my first time linking up.

  1. My second born daughter returned from Spain and the World Youth Day Celebrations.. she is very excited to share her experience and has promised to guest post here with the details!
  2. We took a lovely vacation at a beach house we shared with my husband's siblings and their families and we really enjoyed the break.. the second such in three weeks. I feel very priviliged to have had the opportunity.. miles of beach to walk, sun and warm seas that felt like silk against the skin. We're all pretty baked by the sun to various shades of brown! (sorry no pics yet)
  3. I am so happy to let you all know that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are doing well and she's told me they are making slow progress to rebuild their marriage. Please keep them in prayer!
  4. Schools reopened on Monday and my last born (5 years old) just started 'big girl' school. Oh, how much adjustment we've had these past five days! Getting her to bed earlier, waking her earlier, getting out the door by 6:30am, facing 45 minutes of traffic.. its been quite a culture shock for her and a trip down memory lane for me. The first day my heart was broken as she held on to me and bawled for half an hour. Its gotten better, Praise be to God! She actually has walked in on her own these past two days. I have much to be grateful to God for!
  5. I am, as usual, jumping in with both feet ;-)  The Good Morning Girls are having their Fall Bible Study on the book of 1 John. We kick things off on Monday September 19th. If you're interested, you can get the details here. I've done two studies so far and I've learnt so much.. I highly recommend it.. you don't have to be part of a group, I've done mine solo, but of course you can invite friends to join you or visit the GMG to link up with some other people looking for groups. Also, Sonya at Becoming a Strong Woman of God is doing a special Date Your Husband Challenge. It seems like such a fun thing to do.. why don't you check it out? 
  6. I'd like to invite you to visit a special and beautiful friend of mine. Kristin blogs over at Ponderings and at the moment is doing a series on the homeless.. specifically giving them a voice, writing their stories. This is such an inspiring series.. you will never look at the homeless in the same way again. Kristin has such a beautiful and tender heart and I want to ask you to join me in supporting her new ministry with prayers. God is definitely using Kristin to reach the lost sheep. Recently Greg, one of the people she met and befriended was baptized at her church. You can read this amazing testimony here.
  7. I've made it through the first week of school.. phew! All glory goes to God, without Him I could never have survived. I look forward to refreshment and family time this weekend while I recharge my batteries. Come Monday, e-Mom over at Chrysalis is hosting another link up on Marriage Monday. I hope you'll come and visit and see what the Marriage Monday community has to serve up.
 Have a blessed weekend everyone! Its great to be back.. I missed you all and look forward to catching up!

    1 comment:

    Kristin Bridgman said...

    Awww, thank you for giving me #6. I covet all the prayers!
    Wish I could have been romping on the beach with you, it's sounds glorious!
    And I can't wait to read your daughter's post about Spain. Make sure I don't miss it!
    Love you!