Popular Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

THANK GOD FOR FRIDAYS!

Its Friday again! I don't know anyone who doesn't love Fridays. For me, its the start of the weekend, I get to have my husband and children home and we get to spend it as we choose (unless of course there's some thing that we MUST go to either individually or together).

Why do I love Fridays so  much? Well, apart from the obvious above, I've had a long tradition of making Fridays special. When my children were all, the first three that is,  in primary school (I think you'd call it elementary school?), I'd take the day off from chores and spend it helping out at their school library.  After school  we'd head over to Mc Donald's and have a little bite and the youngest back  then, would play in the kiddie gym they had.

I wouldn't rush home. I didn't cook. It was a great start to the weekend. The children were happy because I was happy (since I love books so much I really enjoyed my time in the library, plus I got a chance to do something besides the normal chores .. and speak to ADULTS too! lol!). Their father would come home around 7:30 after playing tennis after work and he'd bring us some KFC or something else for dinner. The children LOVED Fridays.. as you can see.. so did I!

As the children got older and life got more complex, it became more challenging to make Fridays enjoyable.  There are times when one or more of the children may have something to do that doesn't involve the rest of us. Still, we like to make Fridays special, so we have Family Game Night or Family Movie Night. Its our chance to unwind together after a long, hectic week. We don't eat so much KFC anymore and Mc Donalds is no longer available in our country... now our Movie or Game Night Food is more along the lines of  wantons and pows (chinese dim sum)

I don't help out in a library anymore (geez I do miss it!) but I do something even better. I spend my morning with the Lord. I go to morning mass and then I do a Holy Hour of Reparation (offering the hour to God for all the outrages by which He is offended) and I get to have that wonderful time with Him to be refreshed and rejuvenated. When I get back home I prepare my menu and shopping list for the next week so I can do the shopping later on.

My favourite thing about Fridays though, is that I know that I'll get to have time with my husband.  I can look forward to maybe sharing a glass of wine with him, cuddle on the couch while we watch the movie, or be on the opposing team for Game Night just so I can tease him. Just knowing that we can sleep in a bit on Saturday (Sunday Mass is early) and knowing that I get to be around him makes me happy. All week long I manage things on my own, more or less, its nice to have him around, even if its just to have him say "Everything's going to be alright". Seeing his smile and getting his hugs makes everything feel okay.. I'm sure you know what I mean ;-)

So, I'm supposed to be writing a blog to enter The Love Dare 14 Day Valentine Challenge (and yes I'm doing Courtney's as well.. isn't my man lucky?) over at Traci's Ordinary Inspirations. I can't think of a better way than to say that for the next fourteen days I will try to live each day like its Friday! LOL!!

I will be joyful and look forward to sharing each evening with my husband and, hopefully, I will be able to make the next two weeks memorable and enjoyable for him. Heck between these two challenges.. I'll be killing him with love! Better take your vitamins honey! (Yeah, he's going to read my blog... he does all the time). There's very little, if anything at all, that I don't share with my hubby. He's been blushing all week cause he's had a starring role in most of my blogs. What can I say... he's a part of everything I do because he's in my heart always. (Of course he knows about the Challenge I'm doing, but I'm happy to say that I don't have to go far beyond what's normal for us lately, so he knows I'm being sincere and not just pulling out the big guns) Next week... the big cannons do come out! (Check out Courtney's blog and you'll see why ;-). Now I'll really get him thinking!

Well, that's how I intend to journey .... hope you like it. Looking forward to the next two weeks!

God Bless!

No comments: