Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Light is Dawning

Hi, I'm Lisa.

Just a little bit about me. I'm 43 years old and married for 21 years. I have four beautiful daughters and I am blessed to have been a homemaker for the past 18 years.

My husband suggested I start my own blog since I've been communicating with others via forums etc. and I do feel like I could make a difference. Its been a few years now that I've felt called to be a light for Jesus.. hence the name of  my blog.

My hope is that I can inspire other people to continue to walk in the Light and to be lights for Him. As I have gone through the highs and lows of life, I have felt God's presence with me and His Spirit guiding me and so I feel called to share my experiences of how God has worked and continues to work in my life.

I have to say that it was interesting how I got put on this path. I had been going through a really rough time and, in searching for some support, I was reading lots of stuff on the internet and came upon the MarriageUncensored tv show coming out of Canada, I believe? As I looked at a couple of their videos, they had Dr Scott Haltzman as one of their guests. I really liked what he had to say so I searched him up.

I went on to Dr Scott's website and found a video from a Rachael Ray show. Now, I love cooking and baking so I'm a huge Food Network fan and I happen to like Rachael, so I looked at it. I was so surprised to see that the programme was on "Time Warp Wives". I consider myself to be one of those, of course! It was so exciting to see young people taking such a stand in modern times.

I discovered Courtney's women living well blog and subscribed and got introduced to a whole new world that I never knew existed. I never realised that there was a whole bunch of women who lived like I did! It was so inspiring and I felt happy to be able to get support just by reading these other women's blogs. I've since subscribed to several and wish I had the time to spend reading ALL of the others as well!

So, this is an official thank you to Courtney for inspiring me. Somehow, I feel that, since God does everything for a purpose, then I have to believe that my coming across her blog was no accident. So, here I am, poised on the brink of a new adventure.. I hope that you will join me.

3 comments:

Frances said...

Wow! I just started my blog too (over the weekend) at my husband's urging. How funny. I found your blog from a comment on WLW that I had also commented on. My blog is www.workingonthesimplelife.blogspot.com
We used the same template to create our blogs :)
Good Luck with yours and God Bless!!
Frances

Lisa Maria said...

Thanks Frances

It was pretty exciting to see someone had actually read my blog! Good luck with yours too. I'll check it out in a bit.

God bless you and yours!

Jagette said...

Yes, someone did read this. Welcome. I am new also. Started in November, 2010.
Having a hard time getting started. This is the same design I chose for my blog in November. My blog is called Gratitude and Grace but it is listed as jagette.blogspot.com

Will follow you.