Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Anticipatory Prayer


Hello, my friends. I hope that your Advent is shaping up to be all that you want it to be. I wanted to share another one of my own Advent/Christmas traditions with you. This beautiful Christmas Novena is one that  I've been saying ever since I was a child...you don't know how many Christmas end of term exams this one got me through! 


It  begins today, 30th November, and ends at Christmas. It must be said 15 times per day. I know it sounds like a lot but I usually split it up into five prayers, three times a day.

This prayer is  the Christmas Anticipatory Prayer but is more popularly known as St Andrew's Christmas Novena because it begins on his Feast Day.

.


Hail and Blessed be the hour and moment
In which the Son of God was born
Of the most pure Virgin Mary at midnight, in Bethlehem,
in the piercing cold.

In that hour, vouchsafe, oh my God, to hear my prayer
And grant my desires (here mention requests)
Through the merits of Our Saviour, Jesus Christ
And of His  blessed mother
 Amen
It is piously believed that whoever recites the above prayer fifteen times a day from the feast of St. Andrew until 
Christmas will obtain what is asked.



You can learn more about this tradition  at this link.and this one. I have also included a link to a new blogging friend, Anne's website, where she has made the beautiful bracelet you see below. Click on the picture and go visit her lovely blog for some more Advent inspiration.


Sharing today at:

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for this! I'm a convert and this is one of the many lovely devotions I haven't heard of!