I've been following, but not actively participating in, the Revive Your Marriage Series which is taking place on four of my favourite blogs simultaneously. This is actually the fourth week, but I thought it was high time I took some active participation.
This week's topic is on reviving our appreciation of our husbands via praise. The challenge this week is to list five things you love about your husband. I have decided to list ten. I recently had a birthday and requested a letter from my husband on why he loves me as my gift from him. He went above and beyond so now its payback time!
My Top Ten Things I Love About My Husband
- You always try to make me smile...you always did and you still do!
- You always encourage me...you support me in my crazy endeavours. It was upon your encouragement that I started my blog (which you always read).
- Even though I often look like something the cat dragged in, you're never ashamed to hold my hand in public.
- You prefer to be at home with us than anywhere else...thank you for placing family first!
- You work hard to provide for us and you've NEVER EVER told me I ought to get a job...believing that God wants me to be a homemaker and that He will provide our every need.
- You've tapped into that little romantic guy that's been sleeping inside you all these years...what a gift he is to me...I love him so!
- You've been willing to make the changes necessary for our marriage to grow and our relationship to deepen, both spiritually and emotionally. I KNOW how hard that is for you.
- You share with me and ask my thoughts on things. This is so important to me, that you trust my judgment and are willing to listen to me.
- I feel safe when I'm with you...my world is right and I know that whatever comes we will face it together, with God's help.
- Just because you are you...God made you for me and me for you and my body, soul and mind recognizes its mate. Being with you makes me happy. No matter what life throws our way, no matter if we disagree or hurt each other sometimes. My life is with you and I wouldn't have it any other way.
If you'd like to check out the Revive Your Marriage Series, click on the link below. I promise you'll be blessed.