I took a couple of days hiatus, by force. I really had too much going on. Take a read of this by Sarah Mae over at http://www.likeawarmcupofcoffee.com/home/2011/02/constantly-reevaluate/ and maybe you'll have some idea. Its not that I'm addicted or anything (seriously ;-) I'm just having trouble balancing my time right now.
On Sunday, my 14 year old daughter was confirmed and anointed in the Holy Spirit so that was an all day event for us, preparing and then after the actual ceremony, which included Mass, there was a sharing so we got home pretty late, for a Sunday night, to prep for school etc.
Another wonderful thing happened on Sunday. When I checked my e-mail, I saw that I have received a Versatile Blogger Award from Angie over at http://www.thoughts4theroad.com/. To say I was shocked would be an understatement, but, and I do feel somewhat shallow for this, I do feel ridiculously happy about it. I'm so glad that my posts are finding an audience and I do hope that I am making some sort of difference to others' lives and witnessing for God.
Thank you, thank you Angie! Your blog is amazing by the way.
So, according to the 'rules', I'm supposed to do this:
* Tell us seven things about yourself
*Award 15 recently discovered new bloggers. Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award.
Well, since I'm really quite new myself, there aren't too many new people that I've come across but I will give the award to those that I know and to some of my favourites:
1. Frances at http://workingonthesimplelife.blogspot.com/ (my first follower!)
2. Chris at http://itsupstome.blogspot.com/ (just started and I'm her first follower ;-)
3. Sherry at http://www.lamp-unto-my-feet.com/
4. Suzanne at http://blueberrycottage.blogspot.com/
5. Mandy at http://brokennessintobeauty.com/
6. Lisa over @ http://www.modernvintagehomemaking.com/ (love the vintage stuff!)
7. Jessica @ http://www.mutheringheights.com/
8. Dawn at http://homeschoolblogger.com/guidinglight/
9. Traci Michelle at http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/
10. Sonya at http://watchmefuze.blogspot.com/
11. Robin at http://setyourhearttoseekgod.blogspot.com/
12. Kristi at http://inthelordspath.blogspot.com/
13. Jacinda & Brad @ http://www.happylittlehomemaker.org/p/about.html
14. Sarah Beth @ http://hislovingpresence.blogspot.com/
15. Lisa @ http://treasureinvesselsofclay.blogspot.com/
There are so many more that I truly love, Cherie at Heart and Soul, of course I love Anne at A Holy Experience, Courtney at Women Living Well, Darlene at Time Warp Wife...they are truly an inspiration. I know some of these are not new at all and some have tons of followers but they're new to me since my blogging experience is just short of 2 months old.
Now for the seven things about me:
- I love to bake and create new things in the kitchen (I covet all my mother's old recipe books and I'm terrible at throwing out old magazines because of the gorgeous pics and recipes)
- I'm an 'old lady' at heart, I love anything vintage and when I was young I actually had my mother make up patterns from old 50's and 60's fashions for me (I remember when I first met my husband I was wearing one of them... I loved to be different back then!)
- I have always dreamed of living like the women in those old tv shows and movies.. grow my own produce, make my own jam, homemade everything... well I don't live on a farm and my gardening skills are truly not great, but I do make everything myself when time permits (nothing like the smell of homemade bread fresh out of the oven!)
- I dabbled in writing as a child, wrote endless poetry as a romance-struck teenager and even won a prize in a local newspaper's creative writing competition when I was 20. I pretty much abandoned any dreams of writing anything once the children came along. (I think God had a plan for me to write this way.. and witness for Him at the same time)
- I love to read and I used to devour romance novels, until about a year and a half ago, when I discovered that I already had a romance going.. with my own husband. I haven't read any since and I'm focused on keeping our real-life romance all that it should be.. and more ;-)
- My favourite flowers are roses, but I love all of nature and find God in the beauty that He has created..
- I love old movies, old music, classic literature and anything historical. (I used to joke that I was born in the wrong era and if I had a time machine I'd be visiting all the time periods in history to see which one I loved best)
Well, there it is... I'm just your average person, learning and growing each day that God blesses me with and being inspired by all your wonderful blogs. You are all truly inspiring me to want to be a better person, wife, mother and homemaker.
God bless you all and may your lights continue to shine brightly.